Friday 3 June 2011

Green


Green wooden shutters open,
falling into the morning, I wake,
raining dull light, the clouds are dreams
caught on mountains; such green.

You’ve already left for work
I trail my fingers in the crumbs
of your almond pastry, smile
at the coffee pot on the stove;

I hear only Lorca
Verde que te quiero verde.*

In this noticing, such healing,
I am sky and land. Strange
intimate space to be silent –
to be absent from my own shadow,

this is what I yearn for.

Such courage to enter
into the heart of green, to leave
my known self behind, reveals
freedom to be:

the rain, the swaying
cherry tree, the storm that will pass,
the wind that pushes against
the green shutters.

I am without my senses:

the soul needs no interpreter,
only the hopeful state of light
calling to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment