Thursday 7 July 2011

Treasure

Catching eyes
with Joseph Fiennes 
while waiting - 
knowing Jo's famous 
when no one else does.

Lying on Bryn Estyn Road
between Simon and Vlassis
in the cold.
Looking out for shooting stars
and cows…

Playing Tig
with the older kids,
being caught
by a blue eyed boy.

Leaping on a camel
to escape
the photographer
who took a photo
of me,
Clifton Beach
Karachi.

Standing on
Vie de Belle Donne
Christmas in Firenze.
Being told that
I was the street.

Talking in
Barcelona, with
a philosophy lecturer.
Remembering
Alain de Botton
over tapas
and mineral water.

Dancing under
Cherry blossum,
a beautiful dance
for a Moonnight…

Walking into E6
my old classroom,
having my class
applaud.
When I ask them why
they smile.

Brown eyes,
a suede jacket,
a short bus trip –
the day we met.

Sunset in Brighton.
Me taking photos,
you lending me
a camera, while
taking back
your heart.

Meeting a poet
I admired,
drinking tea
then being
hugged, just
for being me.

The old black man
at Fisherman’s Wharf,
asking me if I was
‘Somebody’
because I sure
looked like
somebody.
Am I famous?

Having my dad
say “I love you”
just once
in DFS
as we bought
a new sofa set.

Meeting Darren
the ‘homeless’ man
who took me to Macdonalds
and bought me
cups of tea
as we talked books, god
and poetry.
He told me that
he was not homeless –
the whole world
was his.

I believed him.














No comments:

Post a Comment